OPTIMIZE GRID INTEGRATION AND EXPANSION DESIGN THROUGH COST AND CONGESTION MANAGEMENT
Energy Market Analysis provides our clients with a dynamic understanding of the marketplace on a granular level, such as evaluation of key impacts of transmission congestion, fuel cost, generator availability, bid prices and load growth, gird expansion and much more.
Energy Market Analysis, or Production Cost Modeling, is key in energy systems planning, in order to quantify the economic value of changes across the energy delivery network. Several markets use locational marginal pricing (LMP) to determine system congestion, curtailment, and nodal pricing to evalulate the optimal market design or integration of resources.
EPE has extensive experience in performing energy market analysis studies using customizable computer models to calculate prices at specific locations and market hubs.
EPE works with our clients to optimize grid integration design by managing cost and congestion factors. Effective energy market analysis facilitates future development with predictable results.
ENERGY MARKET ANALYSIS & PRICING SERVICES
• Historical LMP Analysis
• Production Cost Modeling
• Integrated Resource Planning
• Congestion and Curtailment Analysis
• Resource Development and Renewable Energy Zone (REZ) Grid Development
• Ability to evaluate the production cost savings, changes in transmission congestion
• Provides hourly binding constraints
• Has no inherent restrictions on size, transmission contingencies, number of generators or load buses.